Microfilm from 1850-1920 are available at CEA, PANB (F1674), and MPL (C-3020).
Transcription of 1850-1870 available for sale from Lois Graham.
Parish Church dedicated the Assumption of Our Lady Triq Tommaso Dingli, Birkirkara The Parish Church dedicated to the Assumption of Our Lady in Birkirkara was for a time the town’s sole parish, dating back to the early seventeenth century.
The church deteriorated from disuse and neglect owing to the fact that a new Parish Church, dedicated to St Helen and within the same town, was built in the mid 1700’s.
Witnesses to marriages are given, and often the parents of the bride and groom are also identified.
ounded before 1755, re-established around 1781; records extant from 1806.
The Catholic church traditionally has maintained very complete records of baptisms, marriages, and burials.
Baptisms list the sponsors (or godparents) of the child, sometimes identifying their relationship to the baptised.
Any researchers who can provide either a good overview, or information on both the development of a denomination, or where holdings of records can be found, are encouraged (or implored, maybe! Churches are listed approximately in order of their founding. Records are available at the PANB, MPL (1870-1912).
B., E1A 3E9; phone (506) 858-4085; fax (506) 858-4530; web site Centre has indices for many of the records, especially in Acadian regions, making it much easier to locate entries of interest. Moncton - Moncton City - founded as "Moncton Baptized Church of Christ" in June 1828 - previous to that, followers tended to join the Salisbury church.